Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (1,319 Views)

Black Ink not printing out HP 4622

[ Edited ]

I have a HP OfficeJet 4622. All colors except black print out on paper fine. The black starts to print ok, but then becomes spoty or quits in total. I have done the ink jet cleaning cycle and replaced with a new black cartridge. No improvement.

I did a print quality diagnostic again everything is fine except the black starts to print fine then just quits. I looked at the ink screen in the printer it appears clean.

Any ideas?

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 9 (1,297 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622

Hi, is the printer in warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (1,294 Views)

Not under warranty.

Student
Message 4 of 9 (1,289 Views)

Hello I see that another individual seems to have the same issue as I am having.  My printer works fine except the black color does not work.  I have cleaned the printer heads, several times.  I have also followed the steps given in the HP site.  My warranty expired last month.  My toner cartriges are brand new.  Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Regents Professor
Message 5 of 9 (1,269 Views)

@rimrock 

I'm going to send you a private message (check out envelope at top right)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (1,266 Views)

[ Edited ]

Printer Serial number: CN24P141GZ

HP Office Jet 4622

Received your private message and sent you an e-mail. E-mail was returned because you mail box was full

Regards

Oregon USA

Student
Message 7 of 9 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Student
Message 8 of 9 (1,074 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622 is there a fix besides buying new printer

I have a 4622 all in one printer and have replaced all ink cartridges with HP cartridges and black won't print.  What do I do/

HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 9 (1,049 Views)

Re: Black Ink not printing out HP 4622 is there a fix besides buying new printer

sandcat,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand you are not able to print in black ink on your HP Officejet 4622, you have replaced the cartridge with no success.

I am not sure which troubleshooting steps you have completed already, so please continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation