Black Ink wont print on HP Photosmart Plus B210a Product CN216A (2252 Views)
Honor Student
wet57
Message 1 of 9 (2,252 Views)

Black Ink wont print on HP Photosmart Plus B210a Product CN216A

My black ink wont print on the printer stated above. I have changed it twice in the past 3 days, still wont work. I then ran a print quality report, cleaned printheads, aligned cartridges, ran all the tests. Nothing will work. The color ink will print, but nothing black will. On the print quality report, the black ink wont show. The printer displays the black ink, so installation of the cartridge must have been correct. Is the black ink cartridge or slot broken. I'm not a tech savvy person so I dont know the term for that thing. Please help, and let me know if I should just get a new printer. Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 9 (2,245 Views)

Re: Black Ink wont print on HP Photosmart Plus B210a Product CN216A

Since you have automatically cleaned the printhead, and aligned the cartridges I would try a manual cleaning of the printhead to make sure that ink buildup is not the issue.  Solution three on this document shows how to remove and clean the printhead manually. I know that this document is not titled with your ink issue, but it is the best at outlining the steps needed to do that cleaning on the printhead.  Open that first drop down menu option titled 0xc1900013 or no code displays with the Ink System Failure error message and follow those steps listed under solution three.  While you have that printhead out and are cleaning the contacts, take note of the warranty ends date listed there. If there is still an issue, write back and let me and provide that date off the printhead too.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
wet57
Message 3 of 9 (2,239 Views)

I manually cleaned off the cartridge. Lots of black ink came off of it. The I put it back into the printer and it still wont print black ink.

Honor Student
wet57
Message 4 of 9 (2,237 Views)

Also the warranty on the cartridge has expired (October 14, 2010). I suppose the only option is to get a new printer? Let me know and thanks for all your help.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 5 of 9 (2,234 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is that the warranty ends date on the printhead? If the printhead is out of warranty, there is one more thing that I would recommend, and that is soaking the printhead. Look at this link to this solved post to get the steps on how to do that method.

If the printhead is in warranty call in to HP Total Care. I only recommend soaking to people that have a printhead past the warranty b/c the soak will void a warranty. But if out of warranty there is nothing to lose by doing it. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
Corymac
Message 6 of 9 (2,105 Views)

I have this same printer and same problem. I just replaced black ink and still

does not print.I have cleaned everything, I have deleted and reloaded the printer

I have serched blogs all day for a answer and what I have found is this is a problem

alot of people are having with HP printers all models.

all functions of the printer work but printer does not print it

copy, scan, everything shows in print preview etc.

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 7 of 9 (1,151 Views)

Corymac wrote:

I have this same printer and same problem. I just replaced black ink and still

does not print.I have cleaned everything, I have deleted and reloaded the printer

I have serched blogs all day for a answer and what I have found is this is a problem

alot of people are having with HP printers all models.

all functions of the printer work but printer does not print it

copy, scan, everything shows in print preview etc.

Hi Corymac, is your printer out of warranty?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
killua123
Message 8 of 9 (60 Views)

Hi, What happen to your printer? Did you fix it? I'm having the same problem. It's not printing black and I tried all the methods there is.. PLease help.. 

Honor Student
Corymac
Message 9 of 9 (30 Views)

Sorry to tell you I could never get it fixed tried new ink, cleaning the head, no luck

I just ended up buying a new printer.

Sorry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation