Black ink cartridge in printer won't print the black data on paper (30359 Views)
Top Student
InternetGirl199
Message 1 of 26 (30,359 Views)
Accepted Solution

Black ink cartridge in printer won't print the black data on paper

Product Name and Number: HP Photosmart 5514 e-All-in-One Printer - B111h

Operating System Installed:  Windows 7 64-bit

Error Message:  None

Any Changes Made To Your System Before The Issue Occurred: None

I went to copy data on my printer and noticed that the blank ink was fainting.  Changed black cartridge
and now unable to print anything that has black coloring.  Changed to a new black ink cartridge and

still unable to copy or print anything involving blank coloring.  Did all the prompts on the troubleshooting

with no such luck. 

Is there another trick that can be done?  Would appreciate the help.

Thank you

Student
alexefritz
Message 2 of 26 (30,334 Views)

Re: Black ink cartridge in printer won't print the black data on paper

[ Edited ]

I'm having the EXACT same problem. The only thing I can add is that I've not used the printer in about 8 months. So I too bought a new ink cartridge, thinking the black was dried up. But like the original post, it did no good. Pleas advise...
[Personal Information Removed]

Top Student
InternetGirl199
Message 3 of 26 (30,331 Views)

I found my problem.  When i inserted the cords on the back of my printer, i had one of them inserted incorrectly.  Once i inserted the cord correctly my printer started to do things like it should.  Hope this help you out as well.

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 4 of 26 (30,314 Views)

Hello Alex,

You could try the following troubleshooting link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02914910&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

In particular, solution 6 may be helpful in your situation - print a print quality diagnostic / check that the supplies are correctly vented / printhead cleaning.

Hope that this helps.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Student
nbrian
Message 5 of 26 (28,674 Views)

I have HP 5514 printer.  It stopped printing black so replaced the cartridge.  Still not printing so put a 2nd new cartridge in.  Still no help.  Have gone thru all the troubleshooting suggestions with no help.  Can't seem to find a number to contact a tech to help beyond what is on the troubleshooting page of HP website.  Any other help numbers I call are to people I can't understand or am suspect of their motives when they ask permission to have access to my computer in order to facilitate this process.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 26 (28,668 Views)

Black ink cartridge in printer won't print the black data on paper

[ Edited ]

@ nbrain, The number for US and Canada customers to reach HP Total Care is 1 800-474-6836. They will be able to provide troubleshooting steps to help fix the issue that you are having. They do sometimes ask to remote into the computer to assist the customers better with their issues. I hope that this helps. If you are not in the US or Canada post back and I can provide a link for world wide contact information.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
GmaPat
Message 7 of 26 (25,184 Views)

Have tried all toubleshooting steps and black ink cartridge will not print on copy page and only prints faintly when printing a document. Suggestions?? After running a couple of attempts to clean the print cartridges, I got a message on ink failure.

HELP!  Thanks, 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 26 (24,661 Views)

GmaPat wrote:

Have tried all toubleshooting steps and black ink cartridge will not print on copy page and only prints faintly when printing a document. Suggestions?? After running a couple of attempts to clean the print cartridges, I got a message on ink failure.

HELP!  Thanks, 

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
pasquetti
Message 9 of 26 (23,693 Views)

I have an HP6500 printer that i just replaced the balck ink cartridge and still nothing is printing.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 26 (23,657 Views)

pasquetti wrote:

I have an HP6500 printer that i just replaced the balck ink cartridge and still nothing is printing.

The troubleshooting document here may help resolve the issue.  If not see the post here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation