Question

Honor Student
hpfrustrayted
Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)

Black ink not printing after new cartridge installed on 6510

I've got the same problem as everyone else. The black ink stopped printing after a new cartridge was installed. The first page came out half printed, just as if the old cartridge hadn't been changed, the second had faint shadows and since then there has been no black at all even though the supply levels show a virtually full black cartridge. I've tried everything I've seen on these pages and wasted huge amounts of time and coloured ink (and I've only ever used genuine HP cartridges). It's extremely frustrating as I need the printer for work and it's out of warranty. Please help!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 5 (147 Views)

Re: Black ink not printing after new cartridge installed on 6510

Hi hpfrustrayted,

I understand your frustration and I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have already completed. Can you please let me know the Country/Region you are located in?

I hope to hear from you soon so we can get this resolved!

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
hpfrustrayted
Message 3 of 5 (141 Views)

I'm in the UK, in London.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)

hpfrustrayted,

Thank you! I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
hpfrustrayted
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

I still have had no word from your colleague Ciara_B despite sending her the information she asked for in two private messages, the first one over two weeks ago. I'm still can't use the photocopier and can only print from the computer on best quality, which wastes enormous amounts of ink and still comes out with very poor quality. It's costing me a lot of money and I am less than impressed with HP, to say the least. When can I expect to hear from HP again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation