08-28-2014 04:57 PM
I have had my HP photosmart printer 6515 just long enough to be out of warranty. I teach school and have to purchase my own printer and ink. I am frustrated as the black will not print. I replaced all of the cartridges, used white paper and have cleaned the heads repeated times. Does anyone have a solution for this problem
09-01-2014 12:03 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 6515, you are unable to print in black ink after replacing the cartridge.
I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.
Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.
If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in?
I hope to hear from you soon.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?