Question

Honor Student
TonyMPaskitti
Message 1 of 6 (194 Views)

Black not Printing

I tried all of the troubleshooting tips to no avail. Cleaned the print heads so many times it ran out of yellow and magenta. The printer is not in warranty. How sad. Brand new HP ink cartridges. Never buy an HP again!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (187 Views)

Re: Black not Printing

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

What country are you in?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
TonyMPaskitti
Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)

4620. USA no error messages. Black ink started looking like it was running out. I replaced the cartridge with a brand new genuine HP cartridge. Black does not print.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (147 Views)

I have sent this on to the HP Support folks, you should get a private message within a few days.  To access your messages look for  a number next to the envelope in the upper right after logging in to the forum.  This indicates you have a message, click on the envelope to read the message and respond. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 6 (74 Views)

[ Edited ]

As this is a 4620 I'd advise calling HP phone support, regardless that it's out of warranty, as you'll probably require a replacement.

Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks, Ciara

Phone no.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Troubleshooting steps

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03944809

Updating FW for OJ 4620

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Getting-the-latest-FIRMWARE-amp-PR...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
TonyMPaskitti
Message 6 of 6 (68 Views)

I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps as well as upgrading the firmware. Printer is not printing anymore. Prints come out with faded magenta and spots of yellow. I'm debating returning the other new ink cartridges I bought instead of just wasting them.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation