Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I replaced my 920XL printer cartridge for my officejet 6000 wireless. The printer registers a full cartridge but does not print out.  Lookining at the old and new cartridge I see a small black circle above the 4-item contact strip that lacking in the newly purchased cartridge.

Have I purchased the wrong cartridge? Has it been changed?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my photosmart 6515.  It's out of warranty. 

HP Recommended

Hi and a Happy New Year to everyone

On returning home after a week away, I was amazed to find my printer WORKING! i.e. printing black.

Am doubtful that it has anything to do with my hours of trials and tribulations, rather a 'glitch' unglitching itself in my abscence - let's see!

Sorry that i can't offer any practical help/advice to all those experiencing printer issues.

(slightly less)DissapointedTim

HP Recommended

I can't afford to buy a new printer. This one is a little over a year old and stopped printing black too. I bought all new HP cartridges a few weeks ago. I tried cleaning the print heads like suggested and barely get a light gray printout. My other levels are so low they need replacing again. I'll have to do without on my limited budget, but one thing I'll do as a buyer at work. No more HP, and wer're talking $$$.  I know big companies don't care and dodge things like this. Shame on you!

HP Recommended

I have a 5512, less than two years old.  The black was starting to skip and the colors were low, so I bought all new cartidges (Genuine HP). after installing the cartridges  I printed a 4 page all-text doc, and each page had progressively more streaking.  It never faded to grey, just stopped printing black. From the Tools menu,  I've run both reports, used Cleaned Printheads (several times over several days), used Clean  Ink Smear,   to no avail. 

The vent on the XL does not appear clogged (it looks just like the photo of a good vent). The hole on the bottom of the cartidge is wet, the screen is wet, black text docs come out blank.  And - now my color ink levels show half empty.

This is a hard pill to swallow after dropping  $60  on the cartidges - and  I don't want to buy a new printer!  Is there anything I haven't tried?

Thanks, SadAnnie

HP Recommended

Ciara: Can you provide me with the same info as DisappointedTim and Brent?

I have the same issue with my 6510

BR,

Per

HP Recommended

Hi

I haven't yet received any info from Ciara. After a week away, I returned to find my printer working - I'd still like the info Ciara said she would send me, in the event of the problem re-occuring.

DisappointedTim

HP Recommended

@DisappointedTim wrote:

Hi

I haven't yet received any info from Ciara. After a week away, I returned to find my printer working - I'd still like the info Ciara said she would send me, in the event of the problem re-occuring.

DisappointedTim

Hi Tim, just back in the office today, I'll send you a private message now. Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@pero67 wrote:

Ciara: Can you provide me with the same info as DisappointedTim and Brent?

I have the same issue with my 6510

BR,

Per

Hi Per, is your printer within warranty?

HP Recommended

@SadAnnie wrote:

I have a 5512, less than two years old.  The black was starting to skip and the colors were low, so I bought all new cartidges (Genuine HP). after installing the cartridges  I printed a 4 page all-text doc, and each page had progressively more streaking.  It never faded to grey, just stopped printing black. From the Tools menu,  I've run both reports, used Cleaned Printheads (several times over several days), used Clean  Ink Smear,   to no avail. 

The vent on the XL does not appear clogged (it looks just like the photo of a good vent). The hole on the bottom of the cartidge is wet, the screen is wet, black text docs come out blank.  And - now my color ink levels show half empty.

This is a hard pill to swallow after dropping  $60  on the cartidges - and  I don't want to buy a new printer!  Is there anything I haven't tried?

Thanks, SadAnnie

Hi @SadAnnie 

I'm going to private message you on this.....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.