Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have cleaned the head, shut printer off, installed new cartridge, alignment tests etc and black will not print.  Not happy.  I have a business and need the printer to work.  Now I have run out of several of the colored inks trying to get it working.

HP Recommended

WHAT a piece of TOTAL JUNK my HP Officejet 4620 all-in-one IS!!  --- I would like HP to know.... Tonight I have PAYROLL for my employees to print and your stupid REPLACED BRAND NEW BLACK INK CARTRIDGE.... 564XL that I just put in the stupid JUNK will NOT PRINT OUT.... All I am getting IS BLANK PAGES!!! I have done EVERYTHING the software and print doctor has suggested I do too! Over 10 times between today and last night.... I was up HOURS last night working on this piece of sh**!!!

-- My employees ARE NOT going to be paid tomorrow apparently!!!!! Thanks alot for your STUPID JUNK you've sold me.... My warranty ran out 4-13-2013 too.... This is the 8th HP Printer I have owned and I also own 10 of your STUPID HP LAPTOPS too.... You HP are a total FRAUD.... I will NEVER DARKEN YOUR DOOR AGAIN NOW! I am throwing OUT.... ANYTHING with your HP NAME on it between my HOME and my BUSINESS too!  

Your HP Officejet 4620 is the WORST of the batch I own!!!! --- YOUR FRAUDS! -- Take your JUNK and STUFF IT!

I have TRIED 3 - HP 564XL Black Cartridges now... NONE WILL PRINT after EVERY TEST there is!!!!!

HP Recommended

Well it looks to me as if HP has preprogrammed these 4620 printers and some other models to self destruct after the warranty expires. I have the same problem just after my warranty expired. I have tried print head cleaning and ran all the ink out of my color cartridges. I have spent over $100 on new cartridges and still no black will print. The color prints great, just no black to print text. Tried updating drivers, reinstalling the software and cleaning again. Ran the diagnostics. Will not print any black. I am done with this. I just bought a new HP all in one computer too. Wish I would have went else where to buy it. {Content Removed} Maybe I can at least get back some of the money I wasted on ink. I bought the ink from HP, so it is OEM.

HP Recommended

Good Luck to you.

I have bought 2 printers in the last 2.5 years. They are all garbage.

HP Recommended

*** THEY SENSOR YOU WHEN THEY CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR JUNK PRODUCTS, SEE BELOW!! ***

I HIGHLY recommend all of you having problems with this printer as well as the others.... Do three things.

1.) NEVER purchase ANOTHER HP Product.

2.) {Content Removed} 

As for me.... I would NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT.... Even if it meant.... I had NOTHING ELSE! All my HP Products have now been REPLACED with ANOTHER MORE RELIABLE BRAND.... NOT associated with the HP Company! --- Take THAT HP!!!!

HP Recommended
Anyone have any recommendations for a non-HP printer because of this?
HP Recommended

THIS {Content Removed} DOESN'T WORK BUT IT'S THEIR STANDARD BS REPLY TO OUR PROBLEM WITH THEIR "TRASH"!

Oh and.... They GOT MAD AT ME for speaking the TRUTH.... Send me a NASTY GRAM and then DELETED half of my response. Maybe THEY would like to TELL MY EMPLOYEES WHY their JUNK would NOT PRINT THEIR PAYCHECKS TOO!

HP Recommended

EPSON (or) CANON

HP Recommended

how do i stop getting notifications from this forum? i get an email every time someone replies

HP Recommended

I went out and bought an Epson WF-3520 to replace my HP 6500.  The 6500 never did print black again and nothing worked even cleaning the print head.  Won't be buying an HP agan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.