Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PUT THE PRINTER IN THE GARBAGE CAN IT IS NON REPARIBLE

HP Recommended

GO AFTER HP ON THE WARRANITY THERE IS NO FIX FOR THE BLACK INK PROBLEM HP HAS A DESIGN PROBLEM AND THEY KNOW IT YOUR ONLY HOPE IS WARRANTY but hp will delay till it runs out or make you a stupit offer on another machine that you will have the same problem

HP Recommended

THIS IS SAD FOR A NEW ONE NOT TO WORK INSIST THAT HP GIVES YOUR MONEY BACK DO NOT ACCEPT OFFER FOR ANOTHER HP>THEY HAVE A PROBLEM

HP Recommended

@mariyak 

Have you tried soaking the printhead as described in the post below?

1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-Premium-c309a-Black-prints-out-gree...

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I have a C6300 All in One. It was printing just fine. In the blink of an eye, my black ink will not print. Just the photo ink I assume. It will print in grey scale on jobs with graph, otherwise, nothing. Gobbling up ink as always. This device has always been fine until now.

Complaint is that I believe the Gremlins are constantly messing with my software. When I bought the machine I was forced to leave the software from the previous HP printer on my computer. Last week there was an automatic update and nothing is the same anymore. There is some wierd screen that comes up when trying to initiat a print, but it doesn't work either.  I no longer see the old HP software out in the file either. I have spent hour after hour and way too much ink to deal with this any longer. All trouble shooting steps have been done several times. I quit.

The reply that a person went away for a week and came back to find the issue resolved tells me all I need to know.

Time to throw it out and get anything but another HP. 

HP Recommended

JUST DO NOT BUY A HP THIS IS THERE PRBLEM

HP Recommended

First of all, HOORAY, my printer is back up and running - and I fixed it myself. 

I think the problem may have either occurred because I did an upgrade of some software (it may have been Dell) or it could have been the power cut I experienced while I was downloading flash player. Anyhow, it seemed that the drivers for the printer had disappeared so I downloaded them again. This then gave me 3 identical priner icons in my control panel. I ticked the "copy" which was my mistake. There was also one with "unknown" on it. 

I thought I would try to use the unknown one first, which worked, then I tried the original one, which also worked. The "copy" is the one that is defective but I think I will leave the icon there so as not to upset the applecart again. 

Whilst trawling the forums for a solution to my non-printing black, I did come across this advice (specifically for the C510 series), which may help others:

I would like you to open your machine and remove both the cartridges and the print-head. Then unplug your machine while it is still open. Then use a lint-free cloth (like a coffee filter) and some water to clean the contacts on the back of the printhead (the raised copper bumps). Then clean the corresponding contacts inside the machine. Then close it and plug it in/turn it on. Replace the print-head and cartridges in the order the machine requests. 

Sometimes, if the print-head is damaged, that part will need to be replaced. 

I did look through the Argos book at the weekend in case I had to replace my printer, and I think I will go Epson next time - probaby the only brand of printer I have not ever used. The reviews seem good. 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE.

FlossHoney

HP Recommended
Ciara would you mind sharing the information that was shared with DisappointedTim and @SadAnnie?

Thanks ECommBuy!
HP Recommended

Just before purchasing a new printer I checked it again and it printed black! Hopefully it will continue working...

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the info! Fixed my issue with black not printing!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.