Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mine has also started working again.  This is very wierd as it is not the first time the cartridges were changed. 

Anyway, thanks all!

Brent.

HP Recommended

MY 3520 will not print in black. I have tried all syggestions and none have helped.HOW DO I GET IT TO PRINT IN BLACK IT SAYS CARTRIGE IS FULL DOCTOR SAYS ALL IS GREATbut no black ink  help///////

HP Recommended

No it's not within warranty

/Per

HP Recommended

Its now been 3 weeks since I posted my original complaint on the HP support forums. I haven't heard anything, or read anything that will help me to resolve this problem. I did read on another post that there is some sort of design flaw and a firmware update that can fix this, but HP won't help anybody that doesn't still have a warranty. I find this  kind of business practice equal to fraud. I am so frustrated I feel as if I have no choice but to warn all of my friends about this problem.  I will be posting this on facebook so I can help others not get suckered into buying HP printers. This could have been avoided if HP had just answered my post and offered some sort of resolution to my problem. My warranty ended only two weeks before this happened.

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of people with the black ink problem. I have a 3520 all in one. I have gone through the list of troubleshooting suggestions a couple of times, to no avail. I have to say that reading this thread is not confidence inspiring. I will have to grab my serial number tomorrow, but I am confident I am out of warranty as well.

HP Recommended

@unhappywon 

I'm going to private message you on this

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@pero67 wrote:

No it's not within warranty

/Per

@pero67

I'm going to private message you on this. Check out the envelope at the top right corner of the Forum.

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Ciara

I have the same problem with my touchsmart c309n printer. When I replaced the black cartidge the black ink stopped printing and no ink registers. The other colors print and register fine.I am using the 564XL cartidges it says online is compatible--although the last cartidge was a 564. When I call hp they say I have to buy a new printer! Can you send whatever information that you sent to the others that might help? Thanks.

Phillip

HP Recommended
Can you provide me with the same information as Disappointed Tim, Brent, and pero67? Thanks,
Phillip
HP Recommended

I also have the problem with black not printing on my OfficeJet 6500A Plus all-in-one.

A week ago, I printed a 20 page document. All pages start to finish printed nice and black.  But this week, it won't print properly.

It printed black as light gray. Then the print started turning blue-ish.

System claimed there was plenty of ink left.

The vent on the cartridge looked fine. I did the 2 steps of printhead cleaning (it didn't offer a 3rd level.) 

I replaced the black cartridge anyway.  No help.

I have run through all of the suggested things to try. 

Can an enlightened person help?

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.