Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I WISH HP TOP DOGS COULD READ ALL THE BAD NEWS ABOUT THERE PRINTERS

HP Recommended

I think they avoid these forums like the plauge. Out of sight out of mind. That is why they have the moderators. The moderators are mostly good people trying to help, but they can only do so much. I appreciate their efforts, but they obviously have no input on truely addressing chronic problems. Still looking for a reliable printer. Wish I could use the new cartridges I bought. What a waste of time and money.

HP Recommended

@cathyn wrote:

how do i stop getting notifications from this forum? i get an email every time someone replies

Hi cathyn, in your settings there should be an option for 'email me when someone replies'. Once you un-tick that you shouldn't keep getting the email updates.

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi Ciara_B,

I am also having the same issue with a hp photosmart 5512. I have already replaced the cartridges. I have done the alignment and cleaned up the heads. I still am not getting any access to the black ink. Like others, I am sure I am out of warranty. I have had this product since early 2012. Please assist me like you have helped others because I would hate to have to purchase a new printer from a completely different manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this problem is NOT SOLVED:manmad: HP will not address the problem. There are several different models that appear to have this very same problem. Mine was an Officejet 4620, and if you have read the entire thread there are other models. The experts on this board can not fix the problem. If you have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the heads multiple times, and reinstalled drivers, you have done all that you can do. The print head for the black just goes bad and can not be resurrected. May as well try to find another manufacturer. Good luck!

HP Recommended

You have the corret answere.HP SHOULD RECALL THERE PRINTERS AND FIX THE PROBLEM I HOPE CONSUMERS REPORT PICKS THIS PROBLEM UP

HP Recommended

THERE IS NO HELP. You can suck the ink out of the print head and achohol in the head a whole bunch of times and then see if it works lots of luck

HP Recommended
My 5510 has succumbed to the same failure. Out of warranty of course. It's so frustrating as everything else is fine. I've tried everything suggested by HP and on here multiple times, but no joy. Now my ink levels are low through constant cleaning, which makes me wonder where the black ink is going when it's not printing on the paper like the colours. I now have no alternative other than to go out and spend more money on a new printer/scanner and contribute to more ecological damage by throwing out what is otherwise a perfectly functional piece of equipment. When will companies like HP understand that consumer loyalty depends on the quality of their products and ongoing customer support? With every generation becoming more and more ecologically concerned and, more so, financially savvy through force of circumstance, companies which consistently produce products with rapid built in obsolescence will fail as their consumer base dwindles in the face of inferior performing products. What would they prefer long term? Disgruntled shareholders for a while or no profits at all because everyone dumps their products? As for me, it's bye bye to HP if I can find another make that my iPad can connect with. Not that I have any confidence in any of the other companies offering printers/scanners as they are all made by the same few companies and no doubt have the same characteristics, but the other makes may offer decent customer support and a better website than the eternal circle going nowhere of use that is HP's. I live in hope that the vicious cycle of buy/breakdown/dump will one day stop, but I doubt I'll live long enough for it to happen.
HP Recommended

Ciara,

Can you please email me privately or provide me with the same information at DisappointedTim? Needless to say, my Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One is not printing black. I replaced ALL the cartridges, even though the color cartridges still have some ink available and even tried two brand new black cartriges. Still, no black ink printing. I've performed the an alliginmnet twice, cleaned the printhead three times, did a clean ink smear, and nothing. I even tried to download the new firmware for the printer (2013-04-25 , Version2.0, 9.82M) thinking that would help, but evertime I try to complete the download it says the printer is "busy" and wont finish the download. Even though there is nothing in queue to print. I'm at a loss of what to do next. The printer is just barely out of warrant (only a few months) and as a full-time law student I cannot afford to replace the printer let alone continue to have this problem continue.

Please help!! 😞 

HP Recommended

@albrown9924 

I'm going to private message you (check out envelope at top right)

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.