Question

Honor Student
Ed1945
Message 1 of 5 (143 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blank ink not printing

I have an HP Officejet 4620e, my printer suddenly stopped printing black ink.  I have tried all of the solutions that I have found online to no availl.  Printer is out of warranty.  Ink cartiridges are all genuine HP cartridges, black ink is new cartridge and I have tried cleaning the printheads several times to no avail.  What next?

Honor Student
Ed1945
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)

Re: Blank ink not printing

In order to save time and back and forth.  I am in the US.  All color inks work fine.  Scan and repair tool said I had wrong driver installed, uninstalled driver and downloaded new recommended driver.  Scan and repair tool still says I have a driver problem.  Don't think so!  

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 5 (109 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Ed, as you have a 4620 and you're based in the US I'd advise calling HP Phone Support, regardless that you're out of warranty, as you'll probably require a replacement. Can you please let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

Phone no.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Updating FW for 4620

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Getting-the-latest-FIRMWARE-amp-PR...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Ed1945
Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)

Thanks Ciara.  I contacted HP and despite my printer being out of warranty, they are replacing it free of charge with a reconditioned printer of the same type.  That is fine.  I have had several reconditioned products that were better than the original new products.  thanks again.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)

You're welcome, glad it's sorted now.

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation