Question

Honor Student
houde
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)

Both my DeskJet 970cxi & DeskJet 950c do not recognize the (correct) color cartridge.

The red light on the printer keeps flashing, and the error message states that the Color Printer in not compatible with this printer (it IS the correct cartridge). I have tried cleaning the cartridges as directed with cotton swabs and distilled water.

I am using an iBookG4

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: Both my DeskJet 970cxi & DeskJet 950c do not recognize the (correct) color cartridge.

So you're using the right cartridge and you've tried cleaning & reinserting. It could be the cartridge; what is the warranty ends date? (Laser marked onto the body)
Thanks
Ciara
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
houde
Message 3 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Both my DeskJet 970cxi & DeskJet 950c do not recognize the (correct) color cartridge.

Unfortunately there is NO date on the cartridge. Even though I have my receipt from Staples, I do not have the box (how much 'stuff' can one save, altho' I will NEVER throw the box away ever again?). Is it possible Staples sold me a fake? The black cartridge (I bought a 2-pack) also has no date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation