07-30-2013 01:35 PM
I have a HP C309a. I just changed the photo black ink cartridge, and now I'm getting a message telling me that "the following cartridges appear to be missing or damaged." When I change that cartridge, it shows another cartridge to be damaged or missing. If I turn off the machine, and then turn it on again, it will show another cartridge to be missing or damaged. So, it doesn't consistently say that the same cartridge is missing or damaged, but always shows that one or more of them are. I had this problem once before, and it wasn't because the cartridges were actually missing or damaged. I've forgotten how I solved it previously.
07-31-2013 08:48 AM
Hi, have you tried making sure the cartridges are snapped in properly?
More details in the link below
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?