Question

Student
harrish48
Message 1 of 3 (2,385 Views)
Accepted Solution

C310a photsmart black print head blocked

Any recommendations how to clean/ unblock (forget printer clean cycle!). Seems printer is susceptible to blocking if we don't print for some time- getting fed up with it!

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 2 of 3 (2,380 Views)

Re: C310a photsmart black print head blocked

Hi Harrish,

The cleaning done by the printer is the only way recommended by HP to clean the printhead. However, there is a method described in this post that might help:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/black-ink-not-working/m-p/446483/highlight/tru...

If this is a continuing problem, are you using the power button on the printer to turn it off? There can be a problem with most printers (not just HP ones) if the printer is turned off using a power strip or UPS. The printer has a routine that it goes through to cap the cartridges when it is turned off with the power button. If the cartridges are left uncapped for any period of time, the ink can dry throughout the entire ink delivery system of the printer, and cause blockage.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Honor Student
Mo-bro
Message 3 of 3 (1,281 Views)

Re: C310a photsmart black print head blocked

Thank you, thank you!!!   I was about ready to throw the printer and go buy a new one.   I have a hp C310a.   Plugging into an outlet instead of the power strip worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation