11-15-2012 09:07 PM
When trying to clean the print cartridges on my C3180, I get an error saying that the cleaning operation cannot be completed and to contact HP support. Any help would be appreciated!
11-19-2012 08:03 AM - edited 11-19-2012 08:04 AM
I would do a manual cleaning of the contacts on the cartridges and the contacts inside the printer. Here is a link to a document that shows how to manually clean the cartridge contacts in step three. The name of the document does not address the error that you are having, but that cleaning process is outlined and illustrated quite well in step three of that document provided above.
If that error message is occurring after the cleaning, one can do a hard reset to attempt to clear that error message. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies