Question

Student
melonhead616
Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

C3180 Can't Clean Cartridges

When trying to clean the print cartridges on my C3180, I get an error saying that the cleaning operation cannot be completed and to contact HP support.  Any help would be appreciated!

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)

C3180 Can't Clean Cartridges

[ Edited ]

I would do a manual cleaning of the contacts on the cartridges and the contacts inside the printer. Here is a link to a document that shows how to manually clean the cartridge contacts in step three. The name of the document does not address the error that you are having, but that cleaning process is outlined and illustrated quite well in step three of that document provided above.

If that error message is occurring after the cleaning, one can do a hard reset to attempt to clear that error message. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation