08-03-2013 07:58 PM
ok -first off - the printer works fine. the issue is we cannot read how much ink is left in our black HP 74 ink we just bought last month.
when I bring up "HP Utility" it reports how much color ink is left but where it should report the black level there is a red "X"
at the top it says "Cartridge is out - black ink, cartridge is non-HP"
how do we fix this so it reports how much black ink is left?
08-03-2013 11:09 PM
Please perform the below steps to print a self test page.
On the Printer , Press Cancel + On/Off button, then blue, green, gray. Reports Menu » Selftest
From the printed test page, could you please provide the values for the Sl #
54, 64 and
55, 65 and then
Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?