HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-18-2012 08:44 PM
I have an C5180 printer and it refuses to print/copy if even one colour cartridge is empty. It makes no difference that the black cartridge is full and I am trying to print a black/white document.
When I am starting the printer I get the following message (in Romanian, I am paraphrasing): "Replace the empty cartridges or press > for info". Pressing OK or > does not help me.
My father has the exact same printer, however he gets a different message and pressing OK works for him.
Could you please give me some sugestions on what to do? I've always bought original HP cartridges, but I would not like to buy new colour ones more often then I print photos (+ they expire before I get the chance to use them).
04-19-2012 04:13 AM
Override the false message:
- Disconnect any cables (Ethernet cable or USB cable) that connect both the printer and the computer.
- Restart your computer. (Consider bookmarking this page in your Web browser so that you can easily return to it after the computer restarts.)
- With the printer turned on , remove the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Insert the power cord back into the printer, and turn the printer on.
- Clear any error messages.
- Reconnect any cables that connect the printer to the computer.
Hope this helps.
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
Have a great day!!!
Michael. Click on Kudos if you like this post.
07-06-2012 03:25 PM
I am having the same problem. It tells me the cyan is out but I have just put in a new cartridge, new out of the box, just purchased from OfficeMax. Any ideas? Thanks
07-10-2012 02:21 PM
Thanks, but when I do this, it still gives me an error message. I am able to do a color copy. When I have tried to down load the driver, it tells me it takes 3 days. I tried just a basic driver for Win7 and it takes an hour, but just about the time it is fully down loaded, it cancels itself out and said there was an error. i have set my PC when it is plugged in not to shut down or hibernate. I am really frustrated.
Any other ideas?
07-10-2012 03:00 PM
I was able to connect to the cable rather than WIFI, the file down in 2 minutes. I installed it and it is now printing. The new print drivers are what worked. Thanks for your help.