09-25-2011 09:30 PM
I have a C6180 that I LOVE. It has been nothing but good as long as I feed it some ink as it goes. I have had a recent issue with the Magenta ink. It came up as low and I went out and purchased a new cart (HP) to install. I recently have used some office Max carts in this printer as she gets a little older. The office max carts are usually recognized as new HP carts too (Not sure how they do that but it seems to work quite well). I pulled out the office max cart and installed the new HP cart and it recognized it as a HP ink (message on screen after install) BUT it thinks that the cart is empty ? I have tried everything from a '#" and '*" 1,2,3 and clear general error reset all the way to trying 3 different NEW carts (2 office max and this one HP). Same thing - Keeps coming up as CANNOT PRINT - the Magenta Cart is EMPTY. The printer will not even print as it believes it is dangerously close to Out of ink.
Obi Wan you are my only Hope on this one.
I am not afraid to pull the printer apart to troubleshoot or resolve the issue. I have read a lot about marginal caps on the main board on this unit but it does not make sense that this error would be related to that in any way.
Any input or help appreciated !
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?