Question

Honor Student
bilbo12
Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)

C6280, All in One. Ink Systems Failure

I'm getting an Ink Systems Failure, Error Oxc18a0001 message on the display of my C6280 driven by OSX 10.7.5....I've tried all the suggestions in HP self help to no avail.  I'm assuming that without the little lever on the printer head that its not removeable, hence not replaceable ......?   Anyone have a suggestion for a fix or am I hooped?  The printer was working last week and I haven't changed anything.....  I suppose I shouldn't expect too much more from a printer that has a May 2008 date tag on the bottom.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)

Re: C6280, All in One. Ink Systems Failure

Hi bilbo12, sorry to hear that you are getting a Ink System Failure on your printer display screen.  I have had this issue once before myself and I was able to get the issue resolved by doing some simply steps that I will be happy to share with you. Number one thing that people do not realize is that HP printer (for most models) have a built in surge protector. So with saying that, if you have the printer connected to a Power Bar or a Power Strip, the printer will not get all the power it needs to function properly and different errors will occur  such as Ink system failure or Paper Jam. Please plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Once the printer has booted up on it's own , I suggest that your reboot the printer properly with the power button and also reboot your computer. After the reboot's have completed, please attempt a test print. If the error still comes back then please click on the following link to get to a document that deals with this issue specifically .

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03081973

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bilbo12
Message 3 of 6 (166 Views)

Hello Waterboy71,

I picked up a new printeron Saturday, a 7520, but the 6280 hasn't yet gone to recycling .  I'll run through your suggestions tomorrow.  It was always plugged directly into a designated receptacle but nothing ventured, nothing gained. If the reboots dont help, I'll go to the link you provided that I haven't yet looked at.   

Thank you very much for the help......i'll let you know how I make out.

bilbo12

Honor Student
bilbo12
Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)

Hello Waterboy71,

Well I went through the instructions in the body of your text....no joy.     I went through the instructions in the link that you included....no joy.  I think I have to accept that she's Barft.   I could go to HP Support for "service" but being well past warranty i have to assume this would cost more than the product is worth.  **bleep**, I hate wasting something that I cant find a way to fix. I'm thinking its the printhead but not being removeable......

Anyway, Thanks for your suggestions,

bilbo12

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 5 of 6 (148 Views)

Hello again. If you have a spare moment, I would suggest that you contact HP Total Care and see if you qualify for the Trade in Tade up program. You may be able to trade in that old printer for one of the New Model Machines at a discounted price.  If you are interested, please call 1-800-474-6836 . If you are outside North America, please click on the following link.     http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Thanks agian. If I have helped at all, please feel free to show your appreciation by clicking on the KUDOS star.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bilbo12
Message 6 of 6 (136 Views)

Hi Waterboy71,

Well I first posted my problem on Jan. 24.  I really needed a printer in a hurry so I picked one up on Jan.29, not Feb. 1st , as I mistakenly posted earlier.  I bought a Photosmart 7520.  I got your 1st reply on Feb.03 and as I hadn't thrown the old 6280 out, i figured if I could bring it back to life , I would be able to give it to my Niece. I'm thinking that seeing as I have already bought a printer, I'm out of luck for the trade in, trade up program.....but Thanks again for your help.

bilbo12

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation