Question

Honor Student
RhondaD
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

C6380 All-In-One Printer will NOT accept the new smaller Black XL ink cartridge!

No matter how I seat the cartridge, the printer does not recognize it.

I ALWAYS buy my inks directly from HP and I had no idea this was the newer cartridge until I opened it to install it. So now my old cartridge is out of ink and it won't accept the new one. I pay good money for these and I am VERY FRUSTRATED!!! What can I do to get this to work. OR get my money back on this wasted cartridge?!!!

Honor Student
RhondaD
Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: C6380 All-In-One Printer will NOT accept the new smaller Black XL ink cartridge!

Here's a laugh:

I just called HP Tech Support and spoke to someone and explained what is going on.

She told me... That HP no longer makes the ink cartridges to fit this printer and that none of my inks can be purchased. Only the newer "smaller footprint" cartridges. She then told me that they would be happy to sell me a new printer that will work with the newer cartridges, for the discount price of $99.

REALLY? I mean REALLY?

Does she know what she's talking about? My printer is only a few years old and I have bought ink for it just a couple months ago.  Now, it's obsolete and they no longer make any of the ink for it? Black or colors?

I am so frustrated!!!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: C6380 All-In-One Printer will NOT accept the new smaller Black XL ink cartridge!

Hi Rhonda, the cartridge size of the Black XL was changed, but it should still fit. Check out the link below for details, any problems let me know and I'll help follow up...

Figure 1: Example of the updated black XL cartridge installation with space on both sides
Image: Example of the updated black XL cartridge installation with space on both sides.
Figure 2: Example of the original black XL cartridge installation with no space around the cartridge
Image: Example of the original black XL cartridge installation with no space around the cartridge.
Link to document HERE

Ciara
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation