06-25-2012 04:42 PM
No matter how I seat the cartridge, the printer does not recognize it.
I ALWAYS buy my inks directly from HP and I had no idea this was the newer cartridge until I opened it to install it. So now my old cartridge is out of ink and it won't accept the new one. I pay good money for these and I am VERY FRUSTRATED!!! What can I do to get this to work. OR get my money back on this wasted cartridge?!!!
06-25-2012 05:28 PM
Here's a laugh:
I just called HP Tech Support and spoke to someone and explained what is going on.
She told me... That HP no longer makes the ink cartridges to fit this printer and that none of my inks can be purchased. Only the newer "smaller footprint" cartridges. She then told me that they would be happy to sell me a new printer that will work with the newer cartridges, for the discount price of $99.
REALLY? I mean REALLY?
Does she know what she's talking about? My printer is only a few years old and I have bought ink for it just a couple months ago. Now, it's obsolete and they no longer make any of the ink for it? Black or colors?
I am so frustrated!!!
07-27-2012 02:40 AM
Hi Rhonda, the cartridge size of the Black XL was changed, but it should still fit. Check out the link below for details, any problems let me know and I'll help follow up...
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?