Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have been having this same problem with my Photosmart C7280.  This solution worked!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Excellent advice - thank you very much indeed!

Switched off printer after initial success, switched on again, copied in colour, printed from laptop - all fine!

What a star you are!

HP Recommended

So I still have the printer and it's been just sitting. Someone I think named Matt called me on my cell at work this week in response to me writing to customer service, but the call dropped, and I did not have information to return the call/get through. I have now tried to unplug the printer and depress the print photo and red eye buttons until the screen was blank, then let go. The screen is still blank minutes later. Next?

HP Recommended
@Palmtree37 - I have sent your issue to the appropriate people. They will be in contact with you shortly via you forum inbox.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Great! It worked perfectly. Fantastic job.

HP Recommended

I am trying the solutions you gave but I have an added problem, my control panel doesn't show anything but the backlight.

How do I navigate this msachine without the display?

HP Recommended

Is there a way not to use the display as I can't see anything on mine, only the backlight on it works, no intelligent info displays.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the great info.  I'm printing again (sorta).  Having trouble getting the rollers to pick the photo paper up.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, everything is now working!!

HP Recommended
Would you please tell me where the "Secret Menu" is?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.