08-20-2011 05:29 AM
Hi, Ive had this printer only a month and am still using the cartridges supplied with it. However, it is sometimes failing to print one or more colours, unless I first perform a cleaning cycle. I am leaving it on all the time, in automatic standby, and it gets used several times a week although not every day. It is driven wirelessly from three systems on Mac, Linux and WinXP.
Has anyone else had this problem please? Is this a faulty unit I've got, or normal behaviour? I'm in the UK with normal levels of humidity and normal living temperatures (i.e. rather cold for August!) This behaviour is using up excessive amounts of both ink and paper, as having printed a bad page, I have to clean the heads and then print it again.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?