01-15-2013 11:52 AM
My local Target has the HP 3521 printer on clearance, and this is perfect for us as we've been shopping for a wireless printer. My question before purchasing is, can is be set up to only print in black ink? my wife is cheap and hates the fact that printers automatically print in color, lol.
01-16-2013 09:17 AM
Hi there, as the HP 3521 uses individual ink cartridges, all 4 supplies are required to be in the printer in order for it to work. Printers that use integrated printheads (one cartridge contains the three coloured inks) are capable of operating in "reserve mode" whereby the colour cartridge doesn't need to be in the printer at all for it to print using only black ink. Here's a link to a document that provides more details about how ink is used in HP's inkjet printers http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/en-019/article
Hope this information is of help to you.
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
I am an HP employee.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?