Question

Student
jmart38
Message 1 of 2 (407 Views)

Can HP 3521 print in black ink only?

My local Target has the HP 3521 printer on clearance, and this is perfect for us as we've been shopping for a wireless printer. My question before purchasing is, can is be set up to only print in black ink? my wife is cheap and hates the fact that printers automatically print in color, lol.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 2 (387 Views)

Re: Can HP 3521 print in black ink only?

Hi there, as the HP 3521 uses individual ink cartridges, all 4 supplies are required to be in the printer in order for it to work. Printers that use integrated printheads (one cartridge contains the three coloured inks) are capable of operating in "reserve mode" whereby the colour cartridge doesn't need to be in the printer at all for it to print using only black ink. Here's a link to a document that provides more details about how ink is used in HP's inkjet printers http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/en-019/articles/howInkIsUsed.html?cCode=us

Hope this information is of help to you.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation