Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1220C

I have a HP desk top 1220c can it take sublimation inks? Its just for sampling for some students?

If so where can I source inks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @saorise,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you are wondering if your HP Deskjet 1220c can use sublimation ink. I am happy to answer this for you! 

After some searching online, I found that sublimation ink is only to be used for Epson printers, not HP. This guide,  Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge? States: 

Yes, you can. But do you want to? QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.

• Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
  • 70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem

Count on HP original ink cartridges for consistent, worry-free printing. You may think you're saving money on remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, but in the long run, the cost of wasted time, ink, and paper can more than make up the difference.

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! :generic:

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @saorise,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you are wondering if your HP Deskjet 1220c can use sublimation ink. I am happy to answer this for you! 

After some searching online, I found that sublimation ink is only to be used for Epson printers, not HP. This guide,  Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge? States: 

Yes, you can. But do you want to? QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.

• Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
  • 70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem

Count on HP original ink cartridges for consistent, worry-free printing. You may think you're saving money on remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, but in the long run, the cost of wasted time, ink, and paper can more than make up the difference.

Hope this answers your question, and have a nice day! :generic:

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Txs saved lots of time trailing through Internet
SAOIRSE
HP Recommended
Hello, I have a HP 3630 all in one printer. I have recently started making tshirts and got a heat press machine. I have not tried because I don't really understand the sublimation ink for a inkjet printer. I don't know if the ink, I think number 63, is the right ink to print a design on sublimation paper for a tshirt for heat press. I have two all night one hp printers. One upstairs one downstairs. Was hoping to not have to purchase another printer just for this. Ive been trying to read up on my printer, it's newer, only couple months old but I can't find the paperwork for it. I lost it. But I believe I read it was a inkjet printer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
HP Recommended
I have 2 all in one printers. Not "I have two all night one hp printers " lol
HP Recommended

Hi, did you happen to figure this out?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.