Can't print in black only 6600 hp (91 Views)
Honor Student
Lexpost
Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)

Can't print in black only 6600 hp

HP Cartridge Scam.

About 95% of all my printing jobs are b/w but with the HP 6600 it appears to require color ink usage for anything you print.

Selecting black only does no good when a color is depleted.

This looks to be an obvious engineering and marketing choice on behalf of HP. It's sole intent is to part HP printers users from their cash as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I am getting very low doc print yield for the ink usage. Print mostly postage shipping labels but always running out of some color cartridge. My black XL cartridge is still over 50% full but I am shut down on printing until I make a trip to the office supply store.

Still, no worries. I can dust off my old $75 Cannon "no BS" printer I bought in 2000. The cartridges are cheap and it won't shut me down if it runs low on color ink.

I only have two things to say to HP.

1. Please don't say that color ink usage is an engineering requisite for the HP 6600. It is not.

2. Consider the possibility that potential HP consumers are not as dull witted as your marketing/design staff thinks.

Needless to say, I am done with HP products.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation