Question

Top Student
MarkWe
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

Can't use refilled ink cartridge

When I worked designing printers we were told "our profit margin on selling ink is higher than it is for the US Treasury to print quarters".  This is the real reason why HP won't let you use refilled ink.  The answers HP dishes about dried out heads or damage due to no ink etc. is BS.  They also don't disclose their dirty little secret before its too late.  ie. after you bought the printer and then run out of ink.

Because of this I willl NEVER buy another HP printer.  And.  I will devote significant engineering effort into figuring out how to hack HP's  unethical blocking of refilled ink cartridges.  AND post it everywhere I can.  My goal is to have HP loose at least 1000 times as much money as they make forcing me into buying their ink.

Let the battle begin!

Look for Youtube, facebook, and ???

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: Can't use refilled ink cartridge

Again good luck since refilled cartridges work just fine as long as it is done right and the printer can read the chip.  Thousands do it every day.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation