Question

Student
AftonGP
Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

Carriage jam on Photosmart 2575

I had a big build up of sticky ink below the place where the ink carriage rests on the right side of the printer.  I have cleaned out the chunks and goo as best I can with a water dampened sponge .  Printer will print a few pages and then show carriage jam message again.  How can I get all of the old sticky ink removed so that the movable gadget below the carriage operates freely? 

Student
Birdgirl1234
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: Carriage jam on Photosmart 2575

I am having the same problem. I keep getting a Carriage Jam error and notice that the carriage won't go all the way to the right. After removing the ink cartridges I saw a big clump of gooey ink and thought that was the problem. Tried to clean the goo but didn't have much luck. Of course the problem isn't fixed. I even replaced my ink cartridges with new ones, but the problem still exists. Help! I love my HP printer and was hoping not to have to buy a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation