01-03-2012 12:45 PM
I had a big build up of sticky ink below the place where the ink carriage rests on the right side of the printer. I have cleaned out the chunks and goo as best I can with a water dampened sponge . Printer will print a few pages and then show carriage jam message again. How can I get all of the old sticky ink removed so that the movable gadget below the carriage operates freely?
01-29-2014 01:37 PM
I am having the same problem. I keep getting a Carriage Jam error and notice that the carriage won't go all the way to the right. After removing the ink cartridges I saw a big clump of gooey ink and thought that was the problem. Tried to clean the goo but didn't have much luck. Of course the problem isn't fixed. I even replaced my ink cartridges with new ones, but the problem still exists. Help! I love my HP printer and was hoping not to have to buy a new one.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?