02-13-2013 02:17 AM
My clogging problem occurred when hot swapping in accordance with the HP instructions. It unclogged in usage. I have not removed them since and will not until someone from HP answers the questions in my last post. Hot swapping by my experience should be a dangerous maneuver. Would like an HP expert to confirm this is safe!
As for your clogs, MR_Thor, HP recommends only distilled water to clean. I put a small puddle in the bottom of a SMOOTH styroform bowl and dip the nozzle side into it. The color inks dissolve quickly. If the black is clogged, household ammonia disloves that, but do AT YOUR OWN RISK because HP says use only water.
It is best to keep these things active so you never have to remove the heads!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?