Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050 All-in-One J610a
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have printer which is purchased in US and being used in India. It had HP 61 cartridges. Once cartridge finished, I click on buy online from hp help. It showed me 802 series to buy which I ordered online.

Look at different support pages, I called HP call center for regionalisation reset, however they need original cartridge in working condition which is not possible now. I have infact thrown old ones. Buying 61 series in India will cost more than a new printer cost.

Can you please let me know how to make this printer work with 802series?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As long as you have a fulll set of the new 802 ink cartridges you should be fine, the old cartridges are not required for a such....

Contact HP support once again as suggested, as a reference show the support representative the article included in my previous post.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @bhagwati_lal

In order to perform such a pen regionalization you will need a full set of both Black and Tri-Color genuine HP 802 ink cartridges, the original ink cartridges should not be required for a such, as well you will need to have the printer connected and installed on your computer.

Once getting the new ink cartridges contact HP once again, once filling the form within the bottom of the page below you will get a case number and the contact details:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Deskjet-3050-All-in-One-Printer-series---J610/406...

As a reference you may show the following document which clearly show the requirements for a such:

A full set of HP cartridges for your new country or region

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

Please let me know if you experience any further issues after contacting HP again, I will do my best to guide you further

HP Recommended

I have full set of cartridge for new region. My problem is that I dont have old cartridge and purchasing them in India will be expensier than buying a new printer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As long as you have a fulll set of the new 802 ink cartridges you should be fine, the old cartridges are not required for a such....

Contact HP support once again as suggested, as a reference show the support representative the article included in my previous post.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have contacted hp and case number is: 3017470555

According to support person, since i have some ink left in old color cartridge, he would be able to do regionalization for color cartridge only.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.