Question

Honor Student
alexandra97
Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)

Changing the region on a C3180 printer

Hi,

I need some help on changing the region on my printer. I brought it from France to Canada. I have the cartridges from France but they are empty so I cannot print the report. I aslo have new cartridges bought in Canada. I've called HP 3 times so far. Before changing the cartdiges, no lights were flashing. I tried to print and the paper went through but came out blank since the ink is all gone. Since then, I have the copy black and colour flashing and I can no longer print. The girl I talked to the first time (for 2 hours) concluded that there was another issue with the printer (which i know is not true) and assured me a call back from a supervisor.

2 weeks later, since I had not gotten a call back, I contacted them again and this time was told to call HP France because that's were my printer is from and they can't help me. When i asked to talk to a supervisor, the story changed a bit and I was told that I would get a call back for sure by Wednesday (that was on Saturday). Nearly a week later, no call from HP. I call them again and I'm offered a different solution: buy a new HP printer at 50% off! When ask to talk to a supervisor, once again, I told that my issue will be ecalated and that I will get a call back by Monday. 

If HP needs a report print from my printer, they should provide me with a cartridge from France and if they can't do that, then I should be getting my money back for the Canadian Cartidges that I bought and opened but can't use. Instead of getting help, I'm asked to spend more money on  a HP product. 

I'm very frustrated and would really appreciate some help in the matter.

Thanks

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: Changing the region on a C3180 printer

Hi,

I am sorry for your experience.

Do you have both the 92 and 93 ink cartridges available and inserted into your printer?

Can you print a report by clicking Cancel + Start Copy Color aslisted below?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00655196&lc=en&product=1146331&tmp...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Retired
KittyK
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Changing the region on a C3180 printer

alexandra97, I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation