Checking ink levels on HP Photosmart C4680 Printer (4058 Views)
Student
richn124
Message 1 of 5 (4,058 Views)

Checking ink levels on HP Photosmart C4680 Printer

Is there a way to check the ink levels on the HP Photosmart C4680 all-in-one printer using Windows 7?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 5 (4,043 Views)

Re: Checking ink levels on HP Photosmart C4680 Printer

[ Edited ]

Hi richn124,

If you have the full feature software and driver installed you can follow the steps in the following document.

Check Ink Levels

You can check the ink levels from the printer, or install the full feature software and drivers from the following links.

Win 7 32-Bit:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - 32-Bit

Win 7 64-Bit:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - 64-Bit

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
palaltobob
Message 3 of 5 (2,583 Views)

richn124 wrote:

Is there a way to check the ink levels on the HP Photosmart C4680 all-in-one printer using a mac

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 5 (2,552 Views)

Hi palatobob,

If you have the full feature software and driver installed you can follow the steps in the following document.

Check Ink Levels

You can check the ink levels from the printer, or install the full feature software and drivers from the following links.

Win 7 32-Bit:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - 32-Bit

Win 7 64-Bit:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - 64-Bit

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 5 of 5 (2,527 Views)

Hi palaltobob,

I understand you were looking to find out how to check ink levels for your Photosmart C4680 on a Mac operating system. I'd be happy to help you with this!

Please click here to access the document that will show you how to do this. Once the document opens click where it says Mac OS X and then scroll down to where you see Solution five: Check ink levels and replace low or empty cartridges. Under that section it will describe how to check for ink levels in the HP software if you have it installed.

If you don't have the software installed you can also try printing a self test report directly from the unit. Just click here, scroll down to Solution two: Check the condition of the paper, and then reload it. Under that section you will need to scroll down to Step three: Print a self-test report, and it will walk you through the steps to print the report which will have the ink levels at the bottom.

Hope this helps, please let me know if I can do anything else to assist!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, as it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation