09-05-2011 02:44 AM
I have an HP K7100 connected to a computer running Windows XP SP3 There was a printing problem, and I wanted to (a) check ink levels in the cartridges, and if these were OK (as expected because very very little printing had been done after fitting new) then (b) clean the cartridges.
I am totally unable to find these functions - where are they please?
09-05-2011 05:08 AM
To see the ink levels you can go through the printer toolbox in the HP driver software. There may be slight differences but on my system it works like this.
1. Start Control Panel from windows
2. Find the title "Printers and Faxes" & click on it. A list of all printers connected to your PC will be listed.
3. Click on your printer to highlight it.
4. Now right click on the highlighted area and a list will appear.
5. Click on printing preferences & this should open a printer preferences box
6. Look around in the various tabs until you come across a box that says "Printer Services"
7. Click on "Printer Services" & you should see a tab on the top that says "Estimated Ink Levels". Click on it and you will be able to see the ink levels.
8. Also in the "Printer Services" area you should see options for cleaning & Aligning printheads.
I hope that this helps.
---- If my answer was helpful please click the Kudos star.
If your problem is solved please click the Accept as Solution button so other forum users can use the solution.---->
(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
03-19-2013 06:34 AM
It doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 64 bit.
There is no "printer services" tab. HP don't have a new driver for Windows 7.
There must be a way of pressing the buttons to initiate maintenance cycles but I have lost my user manual.
Guess what!! Can't download one from the HP website because they no longer support this printer.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies