Question

Top Student
GregoryGoon
Message 1 of 3 (1,404 Views)

Cleaning Officejet K7100 cartridges

I have an HP K7100 connected to a computer running Windows XP SP3  There was a printing problem, and I wanted to (a) check ink levels in the cartridges, and if these were OK (as expected because very very  little printing had been done after fitting new) then (b) clean the cartridges.

I am totally unable to find these functions - where are they please?

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 2 of 3 (1,399 Views)

Re: Cleaning Officejet K7100 cartridges

Hi

To see the ink levels you can go through the printer toolbox in the HP driver software.  There may be slight differences but on my system it works like this.

1. Start Control Panel from windows

2. Find the title "Printers and Faxes" & click on it. A list of all printers connected to your PC will be listed.

3. Click on your printer to highlight it.

4. Now right click on the highlighted area and a list will appear.

5. Click on printing preferences & this should open a printer preferences box

6. Look around in the various tabs until you come across a box that says "Printer Services"

7. Click on "Printer Services" & you should see a tab on the top that says "Estimated Ink Levels". Click on it and you will be able to see the ink levels.

8. Also in the "Printer Services" area you should see options for cleaning & Aligning printheads.

I hope that this helps.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Student
st21pin
Message 3 of 3 (1,038 Views)

Re: Cleaning Officejet K7100 cartridges

It doesn't seem to work with Windows 7 64 bit.

There is no "printer services" tab. HP don't have a new driver for Windows 7.

There must be a way of pressing the buttons to initiate maintenance cycles but I have lost my user manual.

Guess what!! Can't download one from the HP website because they no longer support this printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation