Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is maddening!  I can't believe there is no workaround for the missing toolbox in windows 7.  I NEED to clean the printheads, and can't figure out how.  I tried doing it manually per HP's instructions (holding power button, pressing resume 6 times and letting go) but nothing happened.  Can anyone help?  I don't want to have to sell this printer and get a new one in order to be able to clean the printheads; this is ridiculous.   Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi bookprint,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles cleaning the printhead. I have found some helpful troubleshooting steps to show you how to clean the area around the cartridge nozzles.

Maybe we can fix the missing toolbox issue as well. If you upgraded from Vista, download  HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7,

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)

I hope this is helpful.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi bookprint,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles cleaning the printhead. I have found some helpful troubleshooting steps to show you how to clean the area around the cartridge nozzles.

Maybe we can fix the missing toolbox issue as well. If you upgraded from Vista, download  HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7,

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)

I hope this is helpful.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks so much for your feedback. Unfortunately I did not upgrade from vista, we bought a new pc with windows 7. I cannot believe hp won't update this, what a waste!

Thanks for the instructions on cleaning them manually...but if that's my only option I think I'm going to sell this and get something else. Huge shame, it's a great printer, but I really want something automatic!
HP Recommended

Hi bookprint,

You are right about it being a great printer. The only thing I can recommend is that you contact HP. HP may be able to offer you a trade in discount on a newer model. You have been a loyal customer for such a long time, I would hope that we can get you a newer model that has everything you are looking for and for a good price.

If you would like to take this avenue, the number to contact HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Best of luck.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Photosmart 5250.  Because I upgraded Vista to 7/64, I thought it may be a driver problem so I installed the patch.  Unfortunately, I still can't access the printer toolbox.  I click that tab and nothing happens.  I really need to clean the printheads.

How can I access the HP utility to do this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.