Question

Honor Student
bookprint
Message 1 of 5 (7,513 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cleaning printheads for 6980 in windows 7?

This is maddening!  I can't believe there is no workaround for the missing toolbox in windows 7.  I NEED to clean the printheads, and can't figure out how.  I tried doing it manually per HP's instructions (holding power button, pressing resume 6 times and letting go) but nothing happened.  Can anyone help?  I don't want to have to sell this printer and get a new one in order to be able to clean the printheads; this is ridiculous.   Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 5 (7,501 Views)

Re: Cleaning printheads for 6980 in windows 7?

Hi bookprint,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles cleaning the printhead. I have found some helpful troubleshooting steps to show you how to clean the area around the cartridge nozzles.

Maybe we can fix the missing toolbox issue as well. If you upgraded from Vista, download  HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7,

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)

I hope this is helpful.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
bookprint
Message 3 of 5 (7,480 Views)

Thanks so much for your feedback. Unfortunately I did not upgrade from vista, we bought a new pc with windows 7. I cannot believe hp won't update this, what a waste!

Thanks for the instructions on cleaning them manually...but if that's my only option I think I'm going to sell this and get something else. Huge shame, it's a great printer, but I really want something automatic!
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 5 (7,447 Views)

Hi bookprint,

You are right about it being a great printer. The only thing I can recommend is that you contact HP. HP may be able to offer you a trade in discount on a newer model. You have been a loyal customer for such a long time, I would hope that we can get you a newer model that has everything you are looking for and for a good price.

If you would like to take this avenue, the number to contact HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Best of luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
lbeck02
Message 5 of 5 (443 Views)

I have the same problem with my Photosmart 5250.  Because I upgraded Vista to 7/64, I thought it may be a driver problem so I installed the patch.  Unfortunately, I still can't access the printer toolbox.  I click that tab and nothing happens.  I really need to clean the printheads.

How can I access the HP utility to do this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation