Question

Tutor
ac76
Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)
Accepted Solution

Color Missing

I replaced my ink cartridges and now the magneta color is missing on my HP7510 .. i've gone through ALL the steps listed (clean cartridges/vents), clean connections, etc. Reset... Nothing seems to work.  Also, I can't get my printer to print just B&W in teh meantime (so everything is coming out blue/green since the magneta is missing).  I'm running on a Mac, so how do I change the setting to B&W?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Re: Color Missing

Hello ac76,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

It would seem you have troubleshoot this issue with the 7510 not printing the color correctly to the fullest. In order to print black only on the Mac you can try this guide: Mac OS X: Printing with the Black Print Cartridge Only Option. It states for version 10.3 & 10.4 but the setting are basically the same for all the Mac's.

If you wanted to look into replacing the printhead this HP document: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages has the part number and the website to look into those options.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
ac76
Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

Solved it!  Turns out I needed to remove the printhead, rinse in warm water until water runs clear (took me a good ten minutes and toward the end only magenenta was coming out as obviously my magneta was clogged and I wasn't getting any ink through the inkhead when trying to print).  Then I air-dried (and used a hair dryer set on cool) and re-installed.  After the printer went through it's automatic set-up, alignment and cleaning cartriges.. Perfect printing.  And I didn't ahve to spend 60-80 dollars on a new printhead.

I found this info on Amazon when I went to purchase a new one.  Since my HP is out of warranty already, it couldn't hurt to try and so glad I did.. Just wish I would've found the information first and when a color is COMPLETELY missing from the print out and cleaning the connections does nothing, it obviously a clog somewhere; either in the cartrige or the printhead.

Hopefuly this helps someone else... 

Student
rikw
Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)

Dear ac76

you're a flippin' genius - thanks

you just saved me £60 - been trying all sorts of 'clean and align' printhead etc...didnt think of rinsing it under a tap! works a treat

Cheers

rik - Edinburgh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation