Question

Student
DilRN
Message 1 of 2 (42 Views)

Color ink not printing

I have a HP Deskjet F4480 printer. When color printing, colors were fading, etc. I changed the printer cartridge and it is actually worse now. The test paper indicates that no "red" colors are coming through. I cleaned the heads without any change. Could it have to do with the fact that I am using a recycled ink cartridge?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: Color ink not printing

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve color not printing properly on your Deskjet F4480 printer.  If the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue I would suggest contacting your supplier for a replacement or a refund.

The quality of third party refill/reman cartridges varies greatly but is generally poor.  See the document here for a study of cartridge quality.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation