Question

Tutor
1CSmyers
Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)
Accepted Solution

Color on part of graphic is shaded - HP PhotoSmart 8250

HP PhotoSmart 8250

I am trying to print a 4" X 8" graphic (glossy postcard) from a PDF file, but a part of a section of the graphic on the one end (1/3 of the print area) is partially shaded in light transparent gray - particularly 1/2 of a face.

A photo of the subject's head is placed in an oval graphic. The top portion of the gray area is a straight line running under the subject's nose, and the bottom portion follows the curved edge of the graphic border (The face and background look like the entire bottom half is submerged in a water tank - like the person is in a fish bowl).

I test-printed a 4" X 6" photo on similar paper, and it prints well. I ran a test-print, which was fine, and I downloaded an updated driver, but there is no improvement. 

This is pretty frustrating! Thanks for any help you can give. - Cheryl

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 4 (132 Views)

Re: Color on part of graphic is shaded - HP PhotoSmart 8250

Hi CSmyers,

I hate to hear you are having print quality issues.  From the information provided it appears the paper type or the graphic/template being used is causing the issue.  If other prints/papers produce acceptable print quality the hardware of the unit is in working order.  For software and connectivity related print quality issues a generic driver may help, I suggest using the deskjet 9800 driver rather than the 990c.  Here is a link that will provide steps for that. Link

Hope that helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Tutor
1CSmyers
Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the first driver you recommended, but it didn't offer the size paper I needed - 4 X 8 inches. So I re-downloaded the original driver and tried again. I played around with the printer and Adobe settings (printing was worse from the JPG file), and I managed to get a good enough quality to the print. Fortunately, this was a one-time project, and standard size photos print very well. I appreciate the input! - C

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)

Hi 1CSmyers,

Glad to hear everything is working now!

Thank you for being an HP customer.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation