Question

Top Student
camueller
Message 1 of 6 (694 Views)

Colored photos and papers with strange coloring

Everything I print has strange colors. All cartridges are full and I have cleaned the printer heads. I have perfomed all the tests in the tool section and they say nothing is wrong. What am I missing?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (685 Views)

Re: Colored photos and papers with strange coloring

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system?  Are the cartridges original HP or refills?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
camueller
Message 3 of 6 (679 Views)

Re: Colored photos and papers with strange coloring HP 6150 All in One Printer

I am running Windows XP and using a 3 year old HP 6150. I have never had any issues up until 3 months ago it started printing with off coloring. Most of the cartridges currently are originally HP as I have replaced most of the Office Max cartridges checking to see if that was the issue. I have run the diagnostic tests and cleaned the heads. What am I missing?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (671 Views)

The troubleshooting steps here may help.

Refill ink varies greatly in quality, I would have great reservations using it in a printer with permanant (non-replaceable) printheads like the Photosmart C6150.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Top Student
camueller
Message 5 of 6 (667 Views)

So Bob are you saying that once I've ruined my printer heads by using refillable ink, I have no way to fix it? Can a repair shop replace them?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (661 Views)

camueller wrote:

So Bob are you saying that once I've ruined my printer heads by using refillable ink, I have no way to fix it? Can a repair shop replace them?

The printheads in this model are permanent and not replaceable. 

Have you tried runnning  three cleaning cycles as described in Step 5 here?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation