08-19-2012 01:26 PM
I keep getting an error message when trying to print form my computer to my printer on my wireless network. the error message I get is: Error-Offline-printing. I am not using the off-line feature. I have tried several diognistic programs and nothing seems to work. One of my ink cartridges is low, but not out of ink.
08-21-2012 02:49 PM
A low ink cartridge, of any color, can prevent printing.
This document from HP has more information regarding how ink is used in a printer of this type.
The printer does use ink when printing black and white as an underlay beneath the black ink to make it sharper (improves print quality) and to prevent damage to the print head. This type of printer uses an individual ink system which means the print head (responsible for printing) is separate from the cartridge, so it does not get replaced with he ink cartridge like older print systems do.
However, a low ink cartridge usually does not force the printer to show as offline. I suspect another issue is at hand.
How is the printer connected to the computer?
If by network, what brand and model is the router?
Is it wireless or Ethernet (wired network cable)?
What operating system does the computer use?
08-21-2012 04:52 PM
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?