Question

Honor Student
fredabailey
Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)

Could a low ink cartridge level for HP OfficePro 8500A prevent printing a document?

I keep getting an error message when trying to print form my computer to my printer on my wireless network. the error message I get is: Error-Offline-printing. I am not using the off-line feature. I have tried several diognistic programs and nothing seems to work. One of my ink cartridges is low, but not out of ink.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)

Re: Could a low ink cartridge level for HP OfficePro 8500A prevent printing a document?

A low ink cartridge, of any color, can prevent printing.

This document from HP has more information regarding how ink is used in a printer of this type.

The printer does use ink when printing black and white as an underlay beneath the black ink to make it sharper (improves print quality) and to prevent damage to the print head.  This type of printer uses an individual ink system which means the print head (responsible for printing) is separate from the cartridge, so it does not get replaced with he ink cartridge like older print systems do.  

However, a low ink cartridge usually does not force the printer to show as offline.  I suspect another issue is at hand.

How is the printer connected to the computer?  

If by network, what brand and model is the router?

Is it wireless or Ethernet (wired network cable)?

What operating system does the computer use?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
fredabailey
Message 3 of 4 (88 Views)

Re: Could a low ink cartridge level for HP OfficePro 8500A prevent printing a document?

My problem has been solved. I had a bad modem and it was causing many technical errors. Thanks for your help.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 4 (86 Views)

I am glad the issue has been resolved.  

Thanks for letting the community know what resolved the issue.  :smileyhappy:

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation