D110a all-in-one "previously used cartridge" message won't go away (2082 Views)
Student
Brendini
Message 1 of 4 (2,082 Views)

D110a all-in-one "previously used cartridge" message won't go away

I'm setting up my D110a all-in-one printer for the first time and I took out one of the ink cartridges after not being sure if it was installed properly. When I closed the access door, I got a screen that said "Previously used Genuine HP ink cartridge(s) installed. Press OK to proceed."

When I click OK, it beeps but the message won't disappear and I can't go any further.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 4 (2,050 Views)

Re: D110a all-in-one "previously used cartridge" message won't go away

Hi Brenini

Some error conditions can be cleared by resetting the printer, for example, if your product will not print.
Reset the product
  1. Turn off the product, and then unplug the power cord. Plug the power cord back in, and then press the On button to turn on the product

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02093281&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
HPUser1993
Message 3 of 4 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a similar if not the same message pop up "previously used genuine hp cartridge installed" I have done what you suggested, and still nothing. When I try to print something alingment messages pop up, and so do error messages for printing. Could my printer be out of ink?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (264 Views)

Hello HPUser1993,

I understand you are seeing a message on your printer that there is an issue with your ink cartridge(s). There is a change that the ink cartridge may be empty.

I can see that you have already completed the troubleshooting steps posted above, which did not resolve the issue.

At this point, if you have already tried a new cartridge, contact HP's Technical Support to see if they have any other options for you.

Here is the HP contact info: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Good luck:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation