Question

Student
suraj6790
Message 1 of 6 (6,465 Views)

Deskjet 2050 All-in-one J510A printer Regional reset

I purchased Deskjet 2050 All-in-one J510A printer from UAE. Recently I located in to India . Here available catridge no. is different. What can i do for supporting indian catridge. Printer Warranty is over

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 6 (6,454 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2050 All-in-one J510A printer Regional reset

Hi Suraj,

Please refer the link below to troubleshoot the issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02558798

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
LJS96076
Message 3 of 6 (6,344 Views)

Remove the chips from your empty UAE cartridges and re-affix them onto the new ones bought in India. Problem solved. I did this for my printer bought in Germany when I moved to USA and HP Support had no idea how to give me the code to reset the region code on the printer.

I would make sure you do not get the chips mixed up though. keep the chip off your UAE black cartridge and use it on your India black cartridge, same for each color. i cannot tell you if they are interchangeable or not, so just swap them over accordingly and you will not have a problem.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (6,334 Views)

LJS96076 wrote:
Remove the chips from your empty UAE cartridges and re-affix them onto the new ones bought in India. Problem solved. I did this for my printer bought in Germany when I moved to USA and HP Support had no idea how to give me the code to reset the region code on the printer. [snip]

Trying to change the chips on a j510a will result in destroying the cartridges, the printhead is not removable on the integrated printhead cartridges.  

Changing the chips between 364 and 564 cartridges is at best a temporary (and likely ultimately frustrating) venture.  At some point the printer will decide the original cartridges are empty and give warnings or block printing depending on the model.  

The best solution for the long term is to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. When you call HP make sure you specify the supplies warranty path rather than the printer.

You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
NJ_kool
Message 5 of 6 (6,262 Views)

How do I get 122 no cartridge or change my printer setting suitable for 802 cartridge.

I am based in bombay  and bought the printer in bombay itself with bill and warranty.

Untill now the 122 Cart. was available and now it has totally disappeaed from shops.

HP Cust support is also not helping out properly.

:-(

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 6 (6,255 Views)

Hey NJ_Cool,

It looks like the 802 cartridges are the correct ones, at least now anyway, for your J510a for in Bombay, India.  It looks like you will need to have your printer re-regionalized so that you can use the 802 cartridges.

If you bought the printer in one region and moved to a new region you need to call customer support to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this; it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work. Check out the following document about regionalization.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02558798

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation