08-06-2014 04:38 PM
I have just purchased a Deskjet 2540 and installed it on my Windows XP laptop. for some reason it will not print in black and white. Colour works but without black, I could not get the printer to align either.
I followed the FAQ solution of cleaning the printer heads but to no avail, is this a software issue or do I just have to replace the black ink cartridge.
08-07-2014 04:50 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand your Deskjet 2540 will not print black ink. I will do my best to assist you! Make sure you have followed this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.
You can try cleaning the printhead again to see if this makes a difference. If you print a self test page from the printer and you're missing black ink from this page, then this isn't a software issue. You can try changing the ink cartridge to see if this makes a difference.
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?