Question

Student
Andyzim
Message 1 of 2 (85 Views)

Deskjet 2540

Hi,

I have just purchased a Deskjet 2540 and installed it on my  Windows XP laptop. for some reason it will not print in black and white. Colour works but without black, I could not get the printer to align either.

I followed the FAQ solution of cleaning the printer heads but to no avail, is this a software issue or do I just have to replace the black ink cartridge.

Thanks

Andrew

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 2 (62 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2540

Hello Andyzim,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Deskjet 2540 will not print black ink. I will do my best to assist you! Make sure you have followed this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

You can try cleaning the printhead again to see if this makes a difference. If you print a self test page from the printer and you're missing black ink from this page, then this isn't a software issue. You can try changing the ink cartridge to see if this makes a difference.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation