Question

Honor Student
Tangolilly
Message 1 of 6 (1,450 Views)

Deskjet 3055A New HP black ink installed but not printing...ink levels zero...alignment not seeing

Please help me before I go crazy!

I have a HP Deskjet 3055A running with a Windows 8 computer. The manual  says HP Deskjet 3050A All-in-one J611 series. 

I have installed a new HP black ink cartridge. I then printed the alignment page, placed it face down on the scanner as directed and got the error message:

"Alignment page not detected"

There seems to be black squares printed around the edge of the alignment page but otherwise no black print, just blue and red.

The ink levels are showing as empty for the black cartridge.

I have switched the printer off and restarted it. I have checked for residue on the cartridge from the wrapping and I have gently cleaned the bits that it tells you to on here (sorry I can't remember what it's called!)

The printer is 2 months old. Both cartridges have been changed once already without a problem.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this.

Distinguished Professor
jabzi
Message 2 of 6 (1,444 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3055A New HP black ink installed but not printing...ink levels zero...alignment not seei

Hello,

We'll have to try Resetting the printer.

Please check your inbox for instructions regarding Printer Reset.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Tangolilly
Message 3 of 6 (1,433 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3055A New HP black ink installed but not printing...ink levels zero...alignment not seei

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for your advice but no, it didn't work. :smileysad:

The black ink is still not printing and the alignment failed.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 6 (1,385 Views)

Hello Tangolilly, I have noticed your post where you were having issues with your alignment page not being detected, and the printer not printing in black ink.

I noticed the reset did not work in this case for you so I would like to add to Jabzi's post to see if I can help fix the problem.

I have researched the issue you are having and I would recommend trying a few more things, I will post the links for you.

Alignment Failed Error - http://bit.ly/1bMAw1M

Incompatible Print Cartridge - http://bit.ly/16VN3OB

If you are still unsuccessful at resolving the issue, please call HP's Technical Support for a more in-depth look at the problem. The contact information is as follows - http://bit.ly/1hIRifw

Take care,  

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Distinguished Professor
jabzi
Message 5 of 6 (1,383 Views)

Hello,

I'd suggest you to call HP Tech Support for further assistance as i see it could be an issue with the contact point in the cartridge slot.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Tangolilly
Message 6 of 6 (1,332 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.  I had already tried all of those steps without success. 

As a last resort, I decided to buy another hp cartridge and it works! I don't know what the difference is because both cartridges are the same and both genuine hp items, bought from well-known national retailers.

I'm happy to finally have a working printer but annoyed that it took me so much time and inconvenience plus extra cost to get it sorted.

I'm already dreading the day when it runs out again.

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation