04-06-2014 11:14 AM
Hello, I've had my Deskjet 3056A E-all-in-one printer for 2 years and didn't have any problems until about 3 months ago. My black ink cartridge suddenly stopped printing properly. It started to seem like I needed to replace the ink, so I did, but that did not fix the problem. It still seems like the ink level is really, really low sometimes, but it's a brand new cartridge. I couldn't even align the printhead because the black ink wouldn't print. Then I cleaned the printhead and cleaned the ink smear. When the test papers printed after the cleanings the black ink would only print half of the line of letters or numbers, or it was just choppy and faded. I checked the ink levels and it says both of my ink cartridges are almost full still. I was thinking about replacing the cartridge again, but I don't want to waste the money if it won't fix the problem. The color cartridge works completely fine, just to clarify.
04-07-2014 08:21 AM
If the black cartridge is in warranty you could contact HP Phone Support
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?