Question

Student
alisabf
Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)

Deskjet 3056A E-all-in-one not printing black ink properly

Hello, I've had my Deskjet 3056A E-all-in-one printer for 2 years and didn't have any problems until about 3 months ago. My black ink cartridge suddenly stopped printing properly. It started to seem like I needed to replace the ink, so I did, but that did not fix the problem. It still seems like the ink level is really, really low sometimes, but it's a brand new cartridge. I couldn't even align the printhead because the black ink wouldn't print. Then I cleaned the printhead and cleaned the ink smear. When the test papers printed after the cleanings the black ink would only print half of the line of letters or numbers, or it was just choppy and faded. I checked the ink levels and it says both of my ink cartridges are almost full still. I was thinking about replacing the cartridge again, but I don't want to waste the money if it won't fix the problem. The color cartridge works completely fine, just to clarify.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3056A E-all-in-one not printing black ink properly

If the black cartridge is in warranty you could contact HP Phone Support

Wty ends dates.jpg

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation