Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@WillamB

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

This was already said and done a few pages back.

And after over a month I got no reply at all.

HP Recommended

Hi @WillamB ,

I have sent a follow up of your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hum?

Are those mod posts and PM auto generated?

They all say the same thing, send the same PM.

I've got that exact PM 3 times and answered it over a month ago and never even got an answer to the email i sent with the requested information.

HP Recommended

yes, I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I purchased new set of hp 364 cartridges only to find (after hours of attempts to rectify)  problem is fault with printer.  Cost cartridges £25.00 + Time 3 hours at £25.00 per hour = £100.00 minimum.  What a waste of time and money.

HP Recommended
I absolutely agree and have given up. I was promised help but the eventual response was that my printer was out of guarantee so nothing could be done. I will never buy another HP printer and will never recommend HP to anyone.
HP Recommended

Why not fix the printer? You must clean the print head with  glass cleaner (or anything containing alcohol) . Remove the print head and by using a syringe push the alcohol tru  print head . It lasts 15 minutes and printer is like new .

This works 100%.

HP Recommended

Is the print head removable?

HP Recommended

Yes. Open the top cover for carriage to ''park'' in center of guiding rail.Unplug power cord from your printer. Remove cartridges. Remove top cover screws and side arm of the scanner door , remove two springs that holds the printing head and lift the print head from carriage.Disconnect both wires by pulling them and the printer head is out.

HP Recommended

@bogdan_geo2002 wrote:

Yes. Open the top cover for carriage to ''park'' in center of guiding rail.Unplug power cord from your printer. Remove cartridges. Remove top cover screws and side arm of the scanner door , remove two springs that holds the printing head and lift the print head from carriage.Disconnect both wires by pulling them and the printer head is out.

Interesting, has anyone tried this? I might as well try since only the "glossy" setting allows me to use black ink now (which doesn't seem to indicate it's a clogged head problem but...) but I'm not sure I have the proper screwhead to remove these odd looking screws.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.