Re: Deskjet 3520 All-in-One: Black Ink NOT printing.... (1202 Views)
Top Student
mwhit
Message 11 of 18 (2,510 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3520 All-in-One: Black Ink NOT printing....

same here. black prints nothing, not even a smudge. tried all the steps in the links above repeatedly, updated firmware, plus tried two different black cartridges because when this first started I assumed I was out of toner and bought new ones. still prints absolutely nothing. of corse, warranty just expired 2 months ago..it figures. is there any hope or is my fairly new printer garbage?
Honor Student
foxlakehp
Message 12 of 18 (2,013 Views)

I am in the US.  My printer warranty expired in Oct. of last year.  It is a Deskjet 3250.  It does not print black ink.  I followed every suggestion in Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.  Aargh.  This is really frustrating. 

Tutor
TWBond007
Message 13 of 18 (1,368 Views)

In the US, warranty expired, printer will not print black.  Tried all the items on this post to fix.

How do I fix this?

Top Student
mwhit
Message 14 of 18 (1,367 Views)

Hi,

I posted in this thread a few months ago with the same issue.

For anyone who is just finding this thread now, note that there is NO FIX.  

HP has not provided an explanation for what is happening to all these printers but the community forums are full of people with similar printers who have not been able to fix them.  They will run you in circles telling you to do alignments and firmware upgrades but they WILL NOT WORK.   I checked these threads and others for months and can tell you that most of us just ended up getting new printers (and swore to never buy HP again!)

Tutor
TWBond007
Message 15 of 18 (1,364 Views)

That is what I thought after reading all the posts.  I will have to purchase a new printer...

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 16 of 18 (1,361 Views)

Can I please suggest you call HP Phone Support (numbers below), regardless of whether the printer is out of warranty, as you may require a replacement......

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Tutor
TWBond007
Message 17 of 18 (1,354 Views)

Called customer support. They are sending a new printer.

Thanks for info.
Tutor
erika83smith
Message 18 of 18 (1,202 Views)

I had this same problem with this same printer and fixed mine.. I guess where I had selected to automatically install updates I had downloaded a corrupt update.. I went to my control panel and looked at all my installed updates and uninstalled everything that mentioned printer within the last two months.. Then on the hp website I entered my serial number and product number and downloaded all the updates it had for this specific printer and I installed the newer printer Dr.. After all that I rebooted my computer and printer so the updated could take effect and then ran the printer Dr it came up with nothing wrong but I still chose to clean printer head and after finishing it asked if id like to run it again with the secondary cleaning and I chose yes.. After this I printed an all black page and at first it was like red streaked with black then it was all red and after the third time it was black and worked perfectly.. It was a pain and a little time consuming but well worth it.. I hope this works for u.. It has been two months and it hasn't messed up yet.. But I think its odd that its always right after the warranty runs out.. Mine was two weeks after the warranty ended when it did this and after trying everything on the forum it says and everything hp cust service said it still didn't work.. So I figured I'd try the only thing I know of to do and it worked... I hope it helps
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation