Question
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (335 Views)

Deskjet 3525 doesn't print in black - tried everything

We thought the ink was out so we installed a new (HP genuine!) cartridge. Still didn't print.

We've gone through all the head cleaning procedures.

We called HP support and did everything they said - all those secret diagnostics procedures. But it still doesn't print, so they referred us to service.

The only problem is that the printer is 18 months old, i.e. not under warranty. A technician said it's most likely the printhead, which should cost us almost as much as a new printer, so it's not worth fixing.

Is there any other thing that we can try before it's going to the trash?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 9 (318 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3525 doesn't print in black - tried everything

Hi IBH2014,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are experiencing a black ink out issue with your HP Deskjet 3525. You have contacted technical support andwere told you need a new printer.

I appreciate your continued efforts, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (313 Views)

It says "You have no private messages."

Top Student
Message 4 of 9 (308 Views)

OK, got it

Student
Message 5 of 9 (147 Views)

we have same problem- put in new black cartridge and prints very very faintly

can print in other colours fine

what can we do???

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (140 Views)

Try this - They are send me a replacement printer for a 3520 that is out of warranty by 4 months.  Good luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing-on-Officejet-46...

Top Student
Message 7 of 9 (125 Views)

I did, and got a $100 gift certificate for the HP online store. Which doesn't help me at all, because I don't live in the US and they don't ship internationally! Tried to contact them again, but they've been igonring since.

Thanks anyway for your tip!

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 9 (98 Views)

Folks,

Please take a look at the following post by Ciara_B; Black not printing on Officejet 4620, Photosmart 6520, Photosmart 5520, Deskjet 3520.

If the issue persists, Please be sure to call us. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

I hope this helps.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
Message 9 of 9 (41 Views)

I am writting from Greece.  

I have the same problem.  I have one HP3525 (bought it on the 14th of March 2014, just missed the guarrantee!!!!) and  another 3070A (I bought it in 2013, May)  . Both stopped printing black!  

First they had a message that there was no ink. I bought new (all colors as it blocked the function of the printer) and after spending all this money (17.00 euros per cartridge, means 8 cartridges to through away!!!)

And way does HP change the type of cartridges all the time??? I could at least keep the brand new HP original cartridges.  

The troubleshooting instructions offered in HP forums are old women's tales/remedies! They fix nothing.  It would have been better to tell us "just throw the printers away".  I've wasted both money  & time!!! 

This is highly frustrating and the only good thing is that I WILL NEVER BUY A HP AGAIN, EVER!  I hope this saves some other customer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation